How to Find a Pro Ana Buddy to Chat About your Diet
Pro ana is a term that means changes or improvement on your diet. Anorexia nervosa is a feeding disorder where the patient gets a very low body weight. The medics use Body Mass Index (BMI) to monitor the body weight of pro ana patients.
When you have this psychological disorder, you become underweight. You get a perception that you weigh more than you do. You eventually lose your appetite, and you embrace diet disorders. This contributes to poor feeding patterns and weight loss.
You can identify the symptoms of this disorder by observing a few things which include the following:
- 1 Which Are The Main Anorexia Types?
- 2 What Causes Anorexia?
- 3 What Are The Signs Of Anorexia?
- 4 Diet In Relation To Anorexia
- 5 How To Treat Eating Disorder
- 6 Online Assistance
- 7 What Are The Members Of This Groups Expected To Do?
- 8 Thinspiration
- 9 Whatsapp pro ana Chats
- 10 Conclusion
Which Are The Main Anorexia Types?
Try this product
It helped me to reduce my weight within a week
1. Restrictive Anorexia
You would think that the patient who suffers from restrictive anorexia is disciplined. This is because they avoid the types of food that have the following:
- High levels of calories. They take a lower quantity of calories than their bodies need. This is unhealthy and should be avoided.
- High sugar.
- High fats.
- They make only a small quantity of food.
2. Binge Anorexia
When you have this disorder, you will start purging after taking the meals. This can be very uncomfortable.
Avoid taking a lot of laxatives and aperients because they can cause your stool to be loose. This increases the bowel movement.
What Causes Anorexia?
Several things contribute to this disorder. They include the following:
(a) Environmental issues.
Some environmental factors contribute to eating disorders. They include the following:
- Careers and professionals. There are some careers that demand you lose weight so that you can fit in. An example of these includes modeling and ballet.
- The urge to look sexy and slim. Peer pressure can make you desire to be slender so that you can look sexy and young.
- Trauma that comes from torture by close family members or childhood strains and torture.
- Media influence. Media makes it look like being slender is the trending move. This makes many people embrace this culture, and they end up starving themselves.
Genetic is a biological factor. It can be influenced by hormonal imbalance.
(c) Personal attribute
This includes a person’s taste and preference.
What Are The Signs Of Anorexia?
When you have this disorder, you can experience some of the symptoms that we will discuss below.
- Hair loss.
- Hormonal imbalance that can make you miss your period for 3 and above months consecutively.
- You grow soft hair all over your body.
- You can develop funny eating behaviors. They include hiding food, isolating yourself when you are eating and slicing food into small portions.
- Weight loss. You can quickly become underweight.
- Taking one diet for a long time even when other meals are available.
- Isolating from people and avoiding friends and family.
Diet In Relation To Anorexia
There is a difference between dieting and Anorexia. Diet aims at controlling weight. Anorexia aims at controlling both your emotions and your entire life. This case arises more while you are in a traumatizing environment.
Dieting aims at losing weight. Anorexia patient diet to gain happiness that comes with accomplishing it.
When you have this disorder, you can consult a nutritionist, physician or a therapist.
How To Treat Eating Disorder
You can use any of the three methods that we will discuss below to treat an eating disorder.
Nutrition will aid you in gaining back your weight. You will need to follow a diet plan that the nutritionist will recommend for you.
The nutritionist will take you through sessions that will enlighten you on the importance of having the right weight.
2. Medical Solution
When you have a poor diet, you end up experiencing severe health conditions. Some of those conditions include amenorrhea, malnutrition, irregular heart rate, and electrolyte.
Many conditions link to your eating disorder. Handling all the traumatic scenarios is essential. Get the skills that you need so that you can cope with your surrounding and every challenge that comes your way.
Learn how to express yourself in boldness and how to control your feelings.
Several organizations relate to pro ana. People who have Anorexia go to those organizations to express themselves and to get help.
People who decide to reform goes through a recovery session. Pro ana is not a lifestyle but is a mental illness that requires immediate attention.
Most of the people who suffer from this illness justify their starvation to be a high level of self-control. Others term it as a unique identity.
This illness claims many lives each year comparing to any other psychological disorder.
Several groups exist online that people who have an interest in pro ana joins. These social network and web forums include the following: Facebook, Tumblr, Myspace, Xanga, and LiveJournal.
The challenge is that the groups are vulnerable, micro, secretive, and they keep shifting. Most of their leaders are women.
These leaders are mostly the only ones that offer support and counseling to people who suffer from Anorexia. This task sometimes becomes overwhelming to them.
What Are The Members Of This Groups Expected To Do?
There are several things that the members of these groups are expected to do. They encouraging and motivate each other to keep fighting. Members do the following:
- Help each other learn about veganism. This method of food refusal is accepted in the society.
- Exchange information and ideas for lowering the level of the side effects that result from Anorexia.
- Starve together to show that they are in unity and compete in weight loss.
- Share the information on how to influence vomiting and how to use emetics and laxatives.
- Share information on the best diets that can help in losing weight and in keeping slender.
- Exchange ideas on how to deal with hunger pangs.
- Exchange ideas on how to conceal the weight loss.
- They write about their body height, weight and post the current photos. They do this as they seek affirmation about their looks from their Anorexia fellows.
- They come together after the fasting session.
There are many blogs and forums where the members keep posting about their progress. This includes information on weight loss and body measurements. They boast about how much they have accomplished to lose.
The members welcome newcomers, but there are instances suspicion would arise.
- They don’t like people who join the group yet they are not fully committed to losing weight.
- Casual dieters/ wannarexics. These are people who are not fully committed to losing their influence. They try utilizing eating disorders which may not work for them.
- A member who does not have the approval of his family, spouse, relatives.
There are pro ana sites that deal purely with thinspiration. They post videos and photos of skinny ladies. Most of them are celebrities and the public figure.
Those women are not just slim but they are skinny, and some of them have protruding bones. The pro ana forum participants, social groups, and bloggers continually post thinspiration contents.
This aims at encouraging the members to keep losing weight. The contents are quickly passed on from one person to another especially on the sites that support video sharing.
There is a wide range of people who support and others that resist thinspiration. Some people feel that thinspiration is all about eating disorders. Those who support it and the bloggers argue that it is helpful in losing excessive weight.
Did you know that a wide range of pro ana forums contain threads that aid in thinspiration sharing? It does. They usually quote a lyric from popular music or poetry when they are posting their contents to attract more audience.
Read in depth about thisporation Here
Whatsapp pro ana Chats
Pro ana members join Whatsapp groups where they discuss various issues.
Importance of Joining The Pro ana Chat
- They discuss the challenges that they face. Many people don’t like discussing the issues they face with their family members because they will discourage them.
- it helps in being strict. Ana buddies help each other in taking the diet seriously.
- They encourage each other to keep going. When a member feels like giving up, the friends on the chat encourages him not to quit.
- It helps in maintaining a positive attitude and makes you patient in the process.
- It activates endurance when you chat with the ana buddies.
The Anorexics people wear a red bracelet. This acts as a reminder for them to keep away from food. It helps the anorexics members to identify each other as well secretly.
The purple and blue bracelets associate with pro-mia. The bracelets are usually beaded merely. They are available on various auction online sites.
Is pro ana appealing? Researchers have been in the field, researching about the popularity of pro ana.
- Some feel that it is a helpful mechanism that aids people who suffer from eating disorders.
- They help the members to get a common identity and make them feel a sense of appreciation.
- It attracts the attention of people who have eating disorders and non-eating disorder.
Many people have talents, and others have gifts, but they struggle with pro ana. When they don’t have the number of calories that the body needs their brain can shrink. This affects their emotions; it affects their judgment level and cognitive functions.
When a woman is underweight, she can miss receiving her menstruation period. The patients can also experience orthorexia and orthopaedic.
Pro ana chat helps the members to focus on their diet. It is essential to take the level calories, fats, and sugars that your body need. This will aid in maintaining the right weight, and your body will function properly.